Inheritance diagram for wx.App:
The wx.App class represents the application itself. It is used to:
- Set and get application-wide properties;
- Implement the windowing system message or event loop;
- Initiate application processing via OnInit;
- Allow default processing of events not handled by other objects in the application.
__init__(redirect=True, filename=None, useBestVisual=False, clearSigInt=True)
Construct a wx.App object.
- redirect (bool): Should sys.stdout and sys.stderr be
redirected? Defaults to True on Windows and Mac, False
otherwise. If filename is None then output will be
redirected to a window that pops up as needed. (You can
control what kind of window is created for the output by
resetting the class variable outputWindowClass to a
class of your choosing)
- filename (string): The name of a file to redirect output to, if redirect is True.
- useBestVisual (bool): Should the app try to use the best available visual provided by the system (only relevant on
systems that have more than one visual.) This parameter must be used instead of calling
SetUseBestVisual later on because it must be set before the underlying GUI
toolkit is initialized.
- clearSigInt (bool): Should SIGINT be cleared? This allows the app to terminate upon a Ctrl-C in the console like other GUI apps will.
You should override OnInit to do applicaition initialization to ensure that the system, toolkit and wxWidgets are fully initialized.
- Things that must be done after _BootstrapApp has done its
thing, but would be nice if they were already done by the time
that OnInit is called.
Redirect sys.stdout and sys.stderr to a file or a popup window.
- No docstrings available for this method.
SetOutputWindowAttributes(title=None, pos=None, size=None)
Set the title, position and/or size of the output window if
the stdio has been redirected. This should be called before
any output would cause the output window to be created.